Somewhere between the earth and the eschaton, the last weeks flew by in a lysergic blur as I finished my Master's in Philosophy, sold all my musical equipment and dedicated my idle hours to writing, ahead of my imminent move to Montreal. A friend of mine gave me this rad graphic novel by Daniel Clowes ('Patience') as a parting gift which inspired me to put together a mix blending post-punk, turkish folk, nigerian funk and spaced out tropicalia. Strangely enough, most of the tracks ended up referring to specific places and regions. It's the kind of soundtrack I'd select for a nocturnal ride through the deserted streets of Detroit. Here's to the ragged and ecstatic joy of pure being.
1. Spiritualized – Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating in Space
2. Jean-Jacques Perrey – Coeur Synthétique
3. Grace Jones – I’ve Seen That Face Before (Libertango)
4. Section 25 – Regions
5. Bernardino Femminielli – Plaisirs américains
6. Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg – Jane B.
7. Giorgio Moroder – Tears
8. Bülent Ortaçgil - Olmalı Mı Olmamalı Mı
9. Selda Baǧcan - Yaz Gazeteci Yaz
10. Googoosh - Talagh
11. William Onyeabor – Heaven & Hell
12. The Durutti Column – For Belgian Friends
13. Joe Meek – I Hear a New World
14. Eden Ahbez – Full Moon