Are you the kind of person that only listens to music to feel energetic and pumped up? In that case I suggest you leave this page faster than Tiësto can say ’Avicii’, because this music will definitely not be for you. This is a mixtape for the people that want a soundtrack to stay in bed to on Sunday mornings, that love to just kick back on the couch with a couple of beers (if that’s your poison of choice) or for everyone out there who just want a smooth playlist to take them to serenity after a hard day at work.
In terms of the music, they are all favorites of mine in their own right, be it a golden oldie or a newer acquaintance. The genres are heavily mixed, ranging from sun-drenched tropicalia such as Azimüth to alt-pop by the likes of Connan Mockasin, with the odd 80’s pop guilty pleasure making its way in there (yes Michael McDonald, I’m talking to you). Some songs are instrumental, some are not. There are a couple of songs that have a very positive vibe to them, others are rather introspective. One thing is for sure though, they will all bring 100 per cent smoothness to your day no matter how you are spending it.
1. Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti - Baby
2. Azimüth - A Manhã
3. The Arcs - Young
4. Mac DeMarco - Chamber Of Reflection
5. Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgetting (Every Time You’re Near)
6. William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You’ve Got (Pt. 1 & Pt. 2)
7. Evinha - Esperar Pra Ver
8. Connan Mockasin - Caramel
9. Devendra Banhart - Middle Names
10. El Michels Affair - Hung Up On My Baby
11. Archy Marshall - Swell